Common Driver issues
Issues with the Pen.
All of our tablets require driver software to function properly. Many of the issues our tablets may encounter can be solved by installing, removing, reinstalling, or updating the drivers for the tablet. While all of the tablets come with a disc with the required software on them, it may not always be up to date.
To find more up to date software, go to the product page for the tablet you purchased. Under the title 'Support Files
' you will find more up to date drivers for Mac and Windows, along with digital versions of the user's manual. There you will find a step by step guide on how to properly install your tablet’s driver.
Before you begin installation make sure that you do not have the tablet plugged into the computer or Mac.
- Uninstall ALL previous drivers for any other tablet devices. This may include, older versions of your current tablet, drivers you may have for other tablets, or both from Monoprice and any other manufacturer.
- On PC, please disable automatic driver updates. If automatic driver updates are enabled, then Windows may constantly try to update the driver with its own Tablet drivers. This will make the tablet incompatible.
- Once you are certain you have removed any tablet drivers from your system, please restart your computer. Once the restart has finished you can begin installation.
- Once the device has restarted you are ready to install. Open the downloaded file from our product page and move them to a folder on your desktop.
- Once the files have been extracted you will want to run the application. Please follow the steps that the application gives you to install the drivers.
- Once the application has finished installing the drivers, it’s time to restart your computer again.
- When the computer restarts plug your tablet in.
- The installation will be successful if you are able to use the tablet as an interfacing device, just like your mouse or track pad.
- To test the tablet open a program of your choice. Photoshop or Paint Tool is a common program to use, but it can work with any device that applies a mouse.
Congratulations! Your tablet should now be up and running. Enjoy!
What should I do if my tablet is not working?
If you are having trouble with your tablet's pen, give these a try.
It is possible that the battery has expired. If the battery has expired then you will just need to replace it. To do this, gently twist the portion where the front and back of the pen meet to unlock the pen, then ease the two portions away from each other. If you notice that the metal portion that holds the battery is bent back or askew, then you will need to gently bend it back into place. If the metal bracket is bent then it may not be making contact with both the positive and negative points on the battery and will not be taking any power from the battery. When that happens the pen will not function at all. You can use the following as a reference:
For our rechargeable pens, make sure that the pen is charged. If the pen is fully charged and you are still not seeing any response from the pen with the tablet, then we will want to check the charger. For the pens that charge with a USB cable, you will simply test the pen with another USB cable, however, for pens using a specialty adapter, you will need make sure that the LED indicators are coming on as red for charging or green for charged.
If the pen has a full battery or is charged and you are not getting a reaction from the pen, or are perhaps getting strange or sporadic reactions, then you will want to change the tip of the pen. All of our tablets come with a small packet of replacement pen tips for usage once the installed tip has become too worn. When you are ready to change the pen tip, you will simply need to pull the tip out of the pen using tweezers or the tip removal tool that came with the tablet. Then you will install the new pen tip by simply pushing the broad end into the slot until only the coned tip and a small portion of the cylinder remain.
What should I do if my tablet is not working?
Yellow Note Pad keeps poping up on Mac.
Dual Screen Issue (mouse cursor only stays on one screen)
1. Graphics programs can seize the mouse cursor and prevent it from moving across multiple screens.
2. Make sure all windows updates are installed.
The tablet programs/pen will not run correctly in Windows Vista/ 7
1. Try running the program in Administrator Mode by right-clicking the application and selecting “Run As…” And Run as the administrator.
2. Sometimes after an update the programs will cease to function correctly. One fix is to try setting the pc back to an older restore point
3. Another option is to try running the program in compatibility mode. Open the Program Compatibility Wizard by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Use an older program with this version of Windows. Then the compatibility wizard will come up, follow the instruction on the compatibility wizard.
LED doesn't stay on, pen doesn't work.
Please verify that the green LED flashes once when you plug in the USB cable into your computer. If it does not flash, you may want to try a different USB port. Otherwise, the LED stays off except when you tap the pen against the tablet. If it does not flash when the pen is tapped against the tablet, there are a few things you may want to try. 1) Replace the battery. Verify that your positive connection is up, and the battery lead is making good contact with the battery. Tap the pen against the tablet and see if the LED flashes. 2) Sometimes the battery lead does not make a good connection. Please double-check that the battery lead is in full contact with the battery, and that if necessary, bend the lead down to make better contact with the battery terminal. Tap the pen against the tablet and see if the LED flashes. 3) If the pen is still not responding, please try changing the pen tip with one of the spares that was provided. Tap the pen against the tablet and see if the LED flashes.
Mouse cursor moves to top left anytime the pen is tapped.
This indicates that the incorrect drivers are being used for the tablet device. While the tablet is connected, please go to the device manager, find your tablet device, and remove the drivers for that device. Disconnect the tablet and reboot. Once your computer is booted up again, install the drivers and programs from the provided CD. Reboot after the installation finishes. Once the computer is back online, you may plug the tablet back in.
Pen does not work, doesn't control mouse cursor.
There is no switch on this item to turn it on and off. Basically, as long as it is plugged in, it is turned on. Please verify that the green LED flashes once when you plug in the USB cable into your computer. If it does not flash, you may want to try a different USB port. Otherwise, the LED stays off except when you tap the pen against the tablet. If it does not flash when the pen is tapped against the tablet, there are a few things you may want to try:
1) Replace the battery. Verify that your positive connection is up, and the battery lead is making good contact with the battery. Tap the pen against the tablet and see if the LED flashes.
2) Sometimes the battery lead does not make a good connection. Please double-check that the battery lead is in full contact with the battery, and that if necessary, bend the lead down to make better contact with the battery terminal. Tap the pen against the tablet and see if the LED flashes.
3) If the pen is still not responding, please try changing the pen tip with one of the spares that was provided. Tap the pen against the tablet and see if the LED flashes.
Problem: too sensitive in some cases, shorts cuts don't always work
You may configure the pen tablet by modifying the functions of pen tip and the two barrel buttons, tap [Start] > [Settings] > [Control Panel], and double-tap the [Tablet Setting ] icon, or tap on the tablet icon in the system tray, usually located at the lower right corner of the screen. You may also adjust the pressure sensitivity of the digital pen by determining the scope of the tablet’s working area, or (re-) program the hot-cells of your pen tablet by modifying the device driver.
There are four different colors for selecting the pressure sensitivity of the pen which can be adjusted in this tab. There is a test area to see the thickness of a line by applying pressure to pen tip on the tablet. The numerical value of the pressure level is shown in the field above the Clear Button.
There is also a Click Sensitivity setting:
By default settings, tapping with the pen tip is equivalent to a left click of a mouse. Move the slider in the sensitivity bar to adjust the response of the pen tip. Light means the pen tip will be react very quickly, but the heavy function is opposite.
After installing the Driver, Tablet Software is not working.
1. If the cursor cannot move and follow the digital pen on the working area of tablet and no tablet icon displays on the lower right corner of system tray, that outcome means the driver of installation failed. Please check the following steps:
1) Please unplug the tablet's USB plug from the computer.
2) Remove the Tablet driver from the system.
3) Re-connect the Tablet's USB to the computer:
3.1) Check whether the tablet's LED is blinking or not after the USB is connected. If it does not try connecting it to another USB 2.0 port. You could also try using a different USB cable.
3.2) Test your pen on tablet working area. The LED should light up as you touch it and you should be able to move the cursor as a mouse, which means the hardware is OK. If it doesn't work, please change the battery with a new one, or check the pen tip to make sure that it is securely in place.
4) You can download the latest version of the driver for free directly from our website.
5) Setup the new version of driver; it will require you to restart your computer.
6) After restart your computer, on bottom right of the screen, you can find the tablet icon within there.
6.1) If you can't find the tablet icon on the bottom right of the screen, it means the driver fail in startup, It might cause by an incompatible issue.
6.2) Check Device Manager for an exclamation mark occurs, if there is one double check to make sure you are using the correct drivers.
7) If you continue to have issues with the tablet functioning on a windows pc try installing the drivers in safe mode. Restart the computer and press the F8 key as the computer starts to boot. Select Safe Mode and retry the installation again for the drivers.
There is a program pre-installed with Mac OSX called "Ink" or "Inkwell". Sometimes this program is automatically enabled when using a writing tool with your Mac device. You will need to disable any applications call 'Ink' or 'Inkwell' on your Mac device in order to properly use your Mac device.